Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Some pretty neat people...

Well I recently had someone tell me how big of an influence I have been on their life, so I decided to let some people know how much they mean to me. Whether it be simple acts of kindness, a random text, or being there for every birthday...I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. I could have put EVERYONE on here, but it would take me away from studying hahaha. So these are some people that came to mind when I thought about my life. These are in NO PARTICULAR order by the way. :) Love all of you so much. It is 100% likely I have left people out. Just know, you have all impacted my life and I am so grateful for you!

Oh greggy! We worked at Al's together and bonded pretty quickly. He has taught me a lot about chasing dreams and never being afraid to do something out of my comfort zone. Who cares if he took me climbing and I bawled the entire time haha. He is a great friend and has proven he will do anything for anyone he cares about! He is gonna do good things in this life! :)
Mitch has treated me like a queen. He is going to go far in life and he has a heart of GOLD. He has given me dang good advice, and some dang good memories! He is a goof!
Gosh this girl has been through it all with me! She is probably the only girl from high school I stay in touch with. She also has sent me some pretty uplifting texts that turn my day around. I don't think Capri knows how beautiful she really is. She has the biggest heart and would do ANYTHING for anyone. I am so grateful she is one of my best friends. 
Little miss Ally is my sisters best friend. I know why I love her so much, she reminds me of Missy when we were in high school. She will do anything and EVERYTHING for people, and I am especially grateful for the example she is to Stevee. She is the girl that brought me that chocolate shake when she heard I was having a bad night...she made it up to my house before Stevee did. Love you Al!
Oh man, Tara. HAHAHA. I'll just begin by saying she was the wrestling manager when I was in high school, I was a senior when she was a sophomore and supposedly she was intimidated by me? What the heck right? Long story short, we were introduced and quickly hit it off. She texts me at the most random times...but every time it is SO APPRECIATED. She wants to hear about my life, and she cares. I love her!!
Amberley is the girl I recently wrote a story about, she honestly is amazing. I wrote a post all about our interview and afternoon together. I just remember walking into her apartment and right off the bat saying, "Girl I need to go to the bathroom..I hope this isn't awkward haha." She showed me where the bathroom was and after a few hours of chatting she told me, "You think its awkward to ask a stranger to use their toilet, try asking a stranger to put you on their toilet..now that is a little more awkward." I will forever think a little more before I talk. I am so grateful for that day I spent getting to know Amberley.
Here is the kid that made me be the most spontaneous I have ever been before. My old volleyball coach Micah (she is a huge blessing in my life) is married to Ben's older brother and set us up. But....he is from Montana. He came down to Utah for a family thing and I drove to SLC to meet him, well three days later I was driving up to Montana with him to spend a week with him and his family. He is serving a mission right now and we still stay in touch. This boy is a keeper.
My first college roommate :) She recently got married and is the happiest girl ever. We seriously spent every waking minute together freshman year at UVU. She has helped me through some tough times and is always there when I need someone to talk to. I love my Samuel!!
Easily one of the strongest people I know. Cheri and I met through a mutual friend. We have only hung out a few times but the times we have, I have felt way comfortable and I know that she cares. She also has texted me before and had good advice. I love you Cheri and I look up to you SO MUCH.
I could talk about my dad for days on end. But I won't. Let's just keep it short and simple, he has made it DANG hard to find a guy I want to be with. I think it is safe to say every girl wants to find a guy like her dad... and I am pretty sure there is no guy out there that compares to him. He provides so MUCH for our family, calls me everyday checking on me, makes me laugh when I am crying or annoyed...and has taught me everything I know about how to be a leader and confident in myself. My dad is my hero.
This cute girl probably has NO IDEA how big of an impact she made on my life back in 2012. I was in a weird stage of life being broken up with my "high school boyfriend" and feeling really insecure walking around the UVU halls because of him and his rude friends. I just remember walking into my philosophy class dreading the semester when she sat right by me with her cute bubbly personality asking to be my friend. She is older than me and seemed to have a lot more "on the ball"...well as the semester went on we had some pretty deep conversations and she will never understand how much I appreciated her making me feel so wanted. Thanks Erin, and congrats on your marriage :)
No one can make a funny face like my grandpa :) This man has been such a good dad, husband and grandpa...there is not a time I slip out the door without one of his HUGE SQUEEZE HUGS. I love this man so much, and am lucky to call him grandpa.
These two beauties are in my home ward. (lets get real...I never go to my singles ward...so I see them pretty much every Sunday.) Well these two are very important to me because my mom has told me on the Sunday's I am not there, they have both...VARIOUS times..asked her how I am doing because they read something on my blog. Jennie has invited me to important things in her life, and it means a lot to know she feels like I care. Because I DO. Shaunna was also my young womens leader and taught me a lot. I love my home ward and I LOVE these women.
I love these grandparents :) They don't live very close so it has been hard, but the times I am around them are unforgettable. They are hilarious, grandma sher's stories just keep getting better...and grandpa's protective attitude just keeps getting more protective as us girls get older :) "No one is good enough for my Stac-bug" he says.
So I scored with roommates this year :) Abby and Chelsea are the most genuine girls ever. Chels and I met at UVU in a few classes (were in the same major) and kept in contact ever since. Her and her sister Abby moved up to Logan last year and offered me a room at their condo this semester. It has been a blast, they are so different yet so alike. I have received advice from Abby (younger sister) on how to improve my relationship with my little sister. It has been great. They have introduced me to new hobbies and I am so grateful to be living with them :) Love them!!!
I freaking love this girl. We have gone to high school and college together. We might not hang out all the time but whenever I post a picture, or a "sketchy tweet" she is one of the first..if not THEE first to text me and get the details. We have gone through a lot and helped each other out. Well, she has helped me out :) Love this girl so much. Move back to Logan dangit.
This cutie has been in my life for almost 6 years! WOW. We have dated on and off, seen each other at every point, and have managed to keep a friendship growing. He makes me laugh so hard, and has taught me what it is like to be treated with respect. He is just great :)
Oh Jossilyn :) She is serving a mission right now. Joss and I were dating boys in high school that were best friends so of course we were together a lot. Jossilyn is easily one of the most genuine people I know..and she has given me a ton of strength and advice. She told me "You deserve the best Stacey...don't you dare settle."... I will forever remember that and cherish our friendship.

My first volleyball coach! She was also my P.E. teacher throughout elementary. Coach Joy taught me SO MUCH about not only volleyball..but myself. I have never been pushed as hard as my ninth grade year. I had never played before and she made me a player. My body hurt so bad after night practices but then she would schedule 6am morning practices. I miss her so much and am forever grateful for how much she taught me about myself and the sport I love.
Yeah, words can't and won't describe the impact this one has had on my life. Walked into my FIRST college class and made friends with this girl. She has been a best friend ever since. She helped me get through a lot of tough times and has shown me what a real friendship is all about. The random texts telling me how much she loves me, seriously have turned days around for me. It is never A BORING time with this girl. Kelli is one of the biggest blessings ever, and that is not an exaggeration.
One of my oldest friends! Kelly and I went to first-eleventh grade together. I remember when we were both in the most awkward stages of growing up. We went to private school up until our freshman year, then both switched over to Layton High. She was my walking buddy in the halls of this huge new "public school." She has made a bigger effort to stay in touch than I have, which is a change (not to be mean.. I just feel like I always make more of an effort than others)...goes to show me that she really cares about me. Love my Kelly!!!
Camry and I have played sports with & against each other for as long as I can remember. She was my setter in high school and we had a great relationship. I have watched Cam go on to college volleyball at SLCC and now she is the setter at BYU, I am so proud of her! She is such a beautiful girl inside and out and I know she would be there for me if I ever needed her. Miss Mattie Love and I got to know each other at the tail end of her senior year and my freshman year in college. She has the most unique style of anyone I know (everyone says that)...she also has been one to randomly text me and check up on me...but there is ONE time I will never forget. She texted me at a time of need saying she felt like she needed to let me know how much I meant to her...blah blahh... (other great stuff)...pretty much I haven't forgotten the way that made me feel and it made me want to make others feel that way. So thanks for making me strive to do more for others Mattie :)
This is my best friend in the entire world. (besides Stevee)....so I could also make this one really long. Pretty much she knows me inside and out, finishes my sentences and homework(haha oops), listens and gives me advice whether its good or bad, and completes my humor 100%. She is serving the Lord in Australia right now and I get to email her every week. She sent me a letter a few weeks ago talking about self-worth..honestly she freaks me out sometimes. She knows me so well. LOVE YOU MISSY!!!!
Mo Vance. :) We have played volleyball together for 8 years now, I say now because we still play intermurals together! Just last week I was in desperate need of a ride and she came to mind, I called her and she was there within ten minutes. She has always been a great listener and doesn't just tell me what I want to hear. I have done some dumb stuff and she has stayed by my side through it all. Literally. Love my Mo.
This is my second mommy :) She looks just like my mom too haha! This is probably one of the most GIVING people I know. She would give me anything I needed, and she has. Oh and I am proud to say I still call her anty. :) 
Well I learned to never lie to the cops with this boy. hahahaha. Parker and I went to junior high together and just stayed in contact. We have had some hilarious memories! He will always be considered a best friend of mine!
My best friend and role model happens to be my own mom! :) She is easily the most determined person I know. The work she puts into learning something new is crazy. She handles every situation perfectly. I am so grateful I was sent to this mommy! There are other great women don't get me wrong, but none like her. She loves Stevee & I so much its insane. Whenever someone does me wrong, its priceless to hear her comments. She is a feisty person guys, believe it or not! haha. Love you so much!!!
Funny story with this stud. I was in the Hall of Flags (at UVU) freshman year and I was listening to his dramatic phone call with a coach or teammate. Can't remember which. Well, he saw me looking over at him and listening in so he hung up and started venting to me. I continued to talk to him and for some reason he wrote down scriptures for me to read. I went home, read them and just bawled! I still get chills thinking of this tender mercy.
Sister from another mister :) Rachel has been my moms adopted daughter. She worked at the beauty school my mom and grandma owned. Rach is closer in age to me then Stevee so naturally we bonded more. I called her my older sister then, I still call her my older sister now. Love you Rach.
Words can NOT explain the love I have for my grandma. I say that and mean every word. I recently was going in for a job interview (the jazz) and overheard my mom saying my grandma feels like she doesn't know if/when she can call her kids and grandkids since were all "growing up." And I kid you not, I felt sick immediately, sure it was nerves...but OH MY GOSH knowing my grandma isn't her happy self makes me sick. I have never looked up to someone more than her, and if I can turn out HALF as good as her I will feel like a successful person. I love you so much grandma, you have taught me so much about life.
This might seem bizarre hahahahahaha. But to be honest, this kid has been a part of my life for almost 6 years, we have definitely argued like brother and sister but he is so honest with me and has told me things I won't forget. He seems to always be friends with boys I date, so you would think he would keep his distance and mouth shut. He has told me that I deserve the best, and that "the way you are so driven with your career is attractive Stac." Oh...and he used to give me rides to school hahaha. Love you Park :)
This was such a great experience getting know Renske. She is from The Netherlands and came to Utah State for a semester last year. We were in the same group for a whole semester so we were forced to get to know each other. She taught me how to understand people and how to LISTEN. She would ask me questions about my personal life and truly care to know the answer. I think that is so rare to find these days. I love you and hope to see you again Renske!!!
These were my second set of parents in high school. They still are, even though we don't see each other nearly as much. Jen dog and Gar bear have fed me countless meals, taken me to many games, and let me be part of their family. I love the Hadfield's!!!!
I can count on one hand how many times I remember being with this grandma, but isn't it interesting how you can still feel so close and bonded to someone you have spent so little time with? I think it is because my grandma sally shows nothing but LOVE to me, and when she talks to me....it is SO GENUINE. I love you so much grandma, wish I could be with you more. You are the best.
This is Sarah Dallof, former KSL reporter :) She took me under her wing when I was a freshman at Utah Valley and let me shadow her for a day. She shared with me a lot of personal stories and advice that I have cherished and put to use ever since. She told me what I need to do to make it in the career field and I am forever grateful for her willingness to inspire me and show me around the newsroom :)
My other half. Stevee Worster is the most beautiful girl I know inside and out. She has the biggest heart of anyone and knows how to handle situations better than her 20 year old sister. Im sure you all know I am protective...let me correct myself.. WAY TOO PROTECTIVE. Like to the point of getting in high school drama to fight for her (against her will hahaha)..She has to tell me to chill out sometimes because I get so involved and upset. IT IS HARD BEING THE OLDER SISTER. I love her so much. She is actually "the person" that made this blog post idea spark. She sent me the best text last night and I woke up to it this morning. I had no idea how closely she watches every move I make, it is scary. I look up to her just as much, if not more! I am so blessed to have her as not only my sister, but my best friend.
As many of you may already know, I was recently hired as a Jazz Intern for the 2013-14 season. David Locke and Travis Rust have spiked my determination and inspiration to keep chasing my dreams. I am so blessed to be working with this team and representing the broadcast team. I love The Utah Jazz and can't express my gratitude to bringing me on the team! :)
All I can say is this man helped me find myself and know how much I am worth. He has changed my life! Love you Bishop!
Sophomore year basketball was the best year of ball I have ever played. The best shape, most competitive, most wins, and the most fun. Barker knew how to push us around and get the most out of us while keeping it fun. She was there for all of us off the court and has made it a POINT to stay in my life. She also coached Stevee and pushed her just as hard. Love you Barker! :)


Like I said above, I am positive I left a lot of important people out. Doesn't mean I love you any less :) I am just WAY blessed to have SO MANY people influence my life that I can't remember all of them haha! Seriously, if you are reading this...know how much I appreciate you and how much OTHER people appreciate you. I realized that this morning with a text from my sister. It wasn't like I did anything this past week to make her love me any more, at least I didn't think so. Someone is always watching you and keeping record of the things you do that make them feel good. Trust me because I do :) Once again, LOVE YOU ALL. xoxoxoxo Have a good rest of the week.



3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I feel so honored to be listed with all of these fabulous people. You are one of the most genuine people I know and I'm so lucky to have you for a friend. You are going to go far in life. That is for sure! You are smart, beautiful, compassionate, you have a strong testimony, you are a hard worker, you're dedicated, and you are driven to succeed. Thanks for being such a great example to those coming behind you. I know Lexie thinks so much of you and Stevee! Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW!!!
    Love you Stacey
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like my Daddy use to say, Boy Oh Boy!!!! You are a very exceptional girl honey and guess who is coming up right behind
    you,,her maturity is coming fast. Character, Self esteem, and integrity. Thanks Stacey

    love you so much,

    ReplyDelete