Thursday, November 1, 2012

There are no words!


Wow today has been incredibly, incredible! I have been extremely emotional all day, for unknown reasons. I suppose my friend opening her mission call last night was the start of it all. Driving back from Orem at the crack of dawn this morning was not all that fun, especially because my case of CD’s were shoved by the foot of the passenger seat and I was going 80 mph when I noticed. So I couldn’t listen to the songs I wished, got stuck listening to the radio. I made it to my home in Layton just in time to see my mom for a minute or two before she had to head out the door. It isn’t that I am emotional because I am sad; I just feel like something is missing and I am having trouble putting my finger on it. Being in Orem made me realize that I can never take a step backward in life, Logan is my home now. My sweet mom bought me an energy drink on the way out of Layton so I could keep my eyes peeled. I gave her a hug, and told her I would see her later. Saying goodbye is never easy for me, but it hasn’t been that hard in a long time. Shed a few tears on the way to Logan, but it felt good in an odd way. I was trying so hard to hold in all my emotions last night at my friends mission call, then going straight to a dance party afterward just bottled all my emotions up for the night. They needed to escape I’m guessing! I got to Logan just in time to play with the kitty and hamster for a minute. The energy drink did its job but there was a problem, I didn’t eat anything with it so my body was shaking. I have had this happen once before when I drank a Monster, why did I do it again? Stupid. I almost didn’t make it to class because I thought I was going to pass out. Decided to hurry and eat a sandwich. I started feeling better quick after. Forgot to call the newspaper editor about missing the meeting yesterday, I felt bad about that. After class I accomplished a lot, set up an appointment with my advisor tomorrow, and scheduled my math placement exam. After I walked home and talked to my mom I decided to go get some beanies from the mall before the winter bug bites! On my way I saw a horrible wreck, there were ambulances and cops everywhere in this intersection. I have always been a sensitive person, but to a degree. I started crying AGAIN after I saw the accident; Heavenly Father has taught me more than I can handle today. I have never been this sensitive. I want to hold onto this feeling. I ran into a brick wall today when I saw that car accident, I have been taking EVERYTHING for granted and I am so upset with myself. I have such an amazing sister that I can call my best friend. My parents know EVERYTHING about me and are truly the best examples I could ask for. I have friends that have stuck with me through some of the hardest times of my life and would do anything for me. I have a roof over my head, attending college to achieve my dreams, living close enough to home to go and visit, blessed with the gospel in my life, and today I realized I will not take BREATHING each breath for granted. Whoever was in those cars today may have taken their last breath; it could have been one of my friends or family members. Life is so precious and today I have been STRONGLY reminded of what I need to be grateful for daily. I started to realize why I was so emotional all day; it was Heavenly Father reminding me of all the blessings I have been taking for granted. I know what I have been missing, my grateful attitude! 

No comments:

Post a Comment