Sunday, November 4, 2012

Smooth Sailing

Looking back at all my posts, I only have a few negative things that I wrote about. Yes, I understand I am not going to spill all my hardships out over the internet, but honestly life has been sailing so smoothly these past few months. Nothing to complain about! I have had a huge burden lifted off my shoulders this past week. I went in and talked to my advisor about spring classes, well I for SURE thought I wouldn't be done with generals for another year because I have taken so long. Negative, at the end of summer semester I will be completed in general education. My biggest fear and hold-back has been math. I took 990 at Utah Valley last year, I was told it didn't transfer here and it is too low of a class to even count towards credit hours. To get into Math 1010 I would need to take a placement test. With broadcast journalism as my major, the highest level of math required is Statistics 1040. Well, to place into 1040 I would need to score at least an 80% on the 12 question exam. Twelve questions sounded GREAT until I comprehended that each question is near eight points each! It took me about an hour to complete, no calculator, just a scratch piece of paper and the computer screen. To my surprise I knew what I was doing for the majority of the questions, if I was stumped..I would figure out an alternative way to work through it. I PASSED THE TEST WITH AN 86%. Happiest girl alive is an UNDERSTATEMENT. So much weight has been lifted off my shoulders this past week. Getting my next semester planned out has been exciting. I have a job lined up for next semester! Everything is just falling together perfectly. Now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for generals, it has given me the energy and determination I have needed to push through! My beautiful mom has a birthday around the corner, I am excited to be able to spend time with her and the family next weekend! Missy gave me a picture frame with a saying in the middle for my birthday. It is SO PERFECT and has truly changed my outlook on things. It reads, "Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem & smarter than you think." It is SO TRUE. 
This is how I feel about doing homework some nights. hahaha.

He wants Johnny so bad. He sits in here just staring. He has tried jumping up once. Not going to happen.

We are one happy family! (minus johnny) I seriously am so lucky to have these girls as roommates, such good examples to me. We know how to have a good time!

Bought my little man a new wheel! The one that came with the cage was too small and hung at an awkward angle. This one squeaks, I tried to put WD40 on it, it worked but he didn't like the smell and I was afraid it was toxic. So I washed off the WD40 and put up with the squeaking during the day, but I take the wheel out at night so I can sleep hahaha! His eye is doing much better. He is a happy boy!

So it's Sunday night and we decided we wanted something sweet. Didn't have ANYTHING at home so Addi looked up a recipe on Pinterest. Cookies in a cup, microwavable style. It was an adventure. hahaha! Love this girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment