This is the starting line in Logan Utah. Carson was the first runner. GO CARS, GO! I was runner #2 so he got to hand it off to me each time. My nerves were all over the place, waiting for him to finish his first leg seemed like eternity! Once I got running the nerves calmed a bit.
Our team, RAGNARLY. The kid on the far left is Taylor Andersen, Carson played basketball with him and grew up with him. His wife Ricki (in front of him) was the only other girl in the van with me. She is such a sweet girl, we have mutual friends from high school and Utah State. Such a small world we live in!
Immediately after my last leg Cars was feeding me banana's haha. Didn't cramp once!
These are the lovely reflector vests we had to wear from 6pm to sunrise if we were out of our vehicles. This was one of the most interesting nights of my life. He makes me laugh harder than anyone else.
He is a weirdo and I am in pain.
The POST-RAGNAR picture. WE DID IT! :)
This is where Ricki finished her last leg, top of the hill in Park City. So beautiful. I just remember at this point waiting for her to finish I literally was looking at the weeds, rocks, and dirt on the ground and was tempted to lay down and take a nap. Exhaustion at its finest :)
This was seconds after I finished my last leg. I literally was so tired when Cars said "lets get a picture stace"...I threw a smile on for two seconds and then tried to catch my breath haha.
Our team killed a lot of people!
Ragnar kills: passing any runner during your legs. Keeping track helps keep your mind off of the pain your body is enduring. A little competition is always great.
Carson's parents came and picked us up in Park City at the finish line. We went to Cafe Rio and then back to Layton. We were knocked out within fifteen minutes! haha.
So my family is considering running Ragnar 2014! I am excited. Such a good experience spent with awesome people. I don't even care that I cant feel my legs. :)










I am motivated for next year!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya kido!
Mom