Sunday, January 13, 2013

Good week. Great people.

Highlight of my week: hanging out with these two! Haley && Kailan. Don't worry, I saw Breaking Dawn for the THIRD time haha! 
This week has been a crazy week of school. Coming into this semester I was enrolled in 16 credits. Well, as one of my classes last semester didn't turn out too well...I have to retake it only because it is a class in my major. As I was storming out of Stats 1040 I saw this kid that was in my class last semester, he was in the same boat and was retaking it. Long story short, the class fit perfectly into my schedule and so I went and sat in on it so I could catch the professor after. After all, adding this class would put me at 18 credits. Awesome right? Until you realize ALL your other classes besides jogging/running is totally new to you. Political science, biology, stats, women gender studies, and not so much U.S institutions..but you get the point. The biology class scared me from day one because I have heard negative things about the professor, and I couldn't get my hand on a book! So after this week, juggling my time with school, schoolwork, and writing a few articles...I decided I needed to drop something! I am still planning on doing summer school and so I figured taking 18 credits would burn me out to the max that I wouldn't want to attend school during the summer. Also, taking 18 credits you have to get approval, and it is more money. Anyways, I dropped biology. This way I can still enjoy school, and writing for the paper without running with my head cut off. After dropping the class yesterday, I had the biggest feeling of relief. My friend told me that biology is offered in the summer by a different professor and you get a lot of one-on-one time, I was sold on that! Other than that big decision, this week has just been completely NEW getting into the swing of things. Plus taking on two news articles is new and stressed me out a little bit. (a lot haha). My new roommate has been a complete doll this week, her name is Xioila. She has cooked every day and offers her food to my roommates and I. It is somewhat hard to understand her, being from China and all...but a few of my friends were over last night and they told me that I do a good job of picking up what she says. That made me feel good! I have stayed in Logan this weekend instead of going home, it has been a good time! 
Went to Pizza Pie Cafe this week and decided to participate in the karaoke night! It was bad. Hahaha. Great memories though!
Haley and I at our second bball game :) After this I finally experienced the heart of logan, Angies Cafe. YUM! Love this girl!
MY SCHOOL ROCKS!:)
My new friend and roommate :) She is so sweet.
Decided to get my nails done since they looked disgusting! Barbie pink! haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment