This Thanksgiving has been different than any other for the Worster clan!
Why: We took off to Mesquite/Vegas for the week! Mitch is spending the week in St. George (with his dad) so we were able to drive down together! First road trip!
Loads of yummy food.
Swimming and hot tubbing.
Relaxing days and nights.
Matching jammies.
Little bit of homework.
More food.
Palm trees.
Well that is as far as we have gotten this week. Tomorrow we are heading to Vegas, and then Saturday Mitch and his parents are taking me to see BEATLES LOVE in Vegas!!! :) I am so blessed.
A FEW THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS YEAR..
So I had a pretty dramatic experience a few days ago, and I have realized how precious life is. I have been driving for 4 years, and I have never been in a wreck... until this past Monday. I was at school in Logan until 4, then packed up my stuff and then was heading to Orem. I have always been a freak about taking pictures of my life, but I took A TON of pictures of this car ride? Weird. I was beyond excited to spend time in Orem with Mitch so I was giddy to get there. Before leaving Logan I had to fill up my gas tank, and grab a few goodies. I don't know if you are like me, but I LOVE when I stop the gas flow on the exact dollar. So that happened, totally added to my happiness...weird I know haha. Then, I had this absurd craving for RAISENETS of all things? Bought some of those...and popped in a CD from high school titled, "Stacey and Missys Songs!" Then I hit the road! I had talked to my mom a little bit on the phone, and I specifically remember telling her how bad I had to go to the bathroom (chugged a water bottle), but told her I was going to try and make it to Orem. Traffic on the freeway was stop & go. All I remember was looking ahead and seeing red lights so I slammed on my brakes pretty hard then looked in my rear view mirror and saw the car behind me stop. Well, I looked again and the truck behind her hit her, so she hit me. We were in the fast lane, the carpool lane had a consistent flow of traffic, and that lane was on my left. Then the lane to the right of me was going at least 40 mph. The initial hit wasn't the scary part, it was the fact that cars were going past me so fast. I was almost positive we were going to get hit and thrown into traffic. I immediately called my mom, and then the driver of the truck came up to my window and told me to pull off the road he would stop traffic. I was so shook up that I couldn't really explain to my mom what had happened, she thought I was hurt! I just couldn't get the words out. My mom and sister left the house in Layton IMMEDIATELY to come get me. The guy kept coming to my window while reassuring my it was his fault. Honestly, I didn't really care haha I just wanted my mom or SOMEONE there! The cop got there about five minutes before my mom did. (took forever) MEANWHILE I AM GOING TO PEE MY PANTS. (didn't stop on the way, when I should've)...Stevee had called Mitch and told him what she knew, "Stacey got in a wreck on the freeway we are going there right now." Poor guy was freaking out haha. That just sounds awful! I am so lucky it wasn't anything worse. I have always been scared of freeway wrecks, because there are cars going fast all around!! Reality check for SURE!! Mitch met us at Scheel's, I am so lucky. NEVER HAVE I FELT LIKE SOMEONE CARES SO MUCH. (besides my amazing family of course.) So long story short, I am so thankful that wreck wasn't worse. I am so thankful for my family and friends that show so much love to me.
Yes, I am aware it is so freaking weird that I took pictures of all those things. haha.
Hope you all have had an amazing Thanksgiving break so far!
Love you all.
xo.







No comments:
Post a Comment