Sunday, October 6, 2013

Must be doing something right!

My mom has posted it on Facebook & Instagram, I posted it on Instagram & Twitter...But it's so important to me that I MUST BLOG ABOUT IT hahaha. You might remember the writing internship I applied for 2 months ago, I didn't get it. I now understand why! I saw on Twitter a few weeks ago another announcement of another internship, but this one is right down my alley! BROADCAST/RADIO ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP. I was not planning on getting called back because I told myself not to get my hopes up. Sure enough I got an email regarding the internship, HELLO INTERVIEW TIME. I was so nervous I honestly felt like I was going to throw up! Made my way down to the interview room, was asked to wait for a couple minutes..and so that made the nerves go even more WACK haha. Well, the rest is history, the interview went pretty great. (bragging too much whoops) I GOT THE JOB :) 
My mom took the picture of me above right before the interview "just in case you get it Stac!" hahaha. Sure enough she was uploading this gem to her Facebook less than 24 hours later. Something CRAZY....I was the ONLY female to apply for this internship, over 60 applicants applied. My mouth DROPPED, it made me feel so good inside. This picture below was sent to me by my boss...made me laugh. 
So I definitely have the best support system. My dad paid to get my nails done, told me how beautiful I looked, sent me on my way....and before I was even halfway to SLC he texted me, "Go get it tiger!" I am so lucky. Getting home after my first day, he wanted to hear about everything. I can tell he is so proud of me, and it makes me want to "go get it" even more. He is the best dad a girl could ask for. I mean it!
Mitch came to my intramural volleyball game last week! I surprised him to a great dinner after the big win. We are still undefeated WOOT WOOT! Chuck-a-rama at 10 pm...why not! We were the last ones to leave, of course we thought it was hilarious. After dinner he had a surprise for ME! We went and watched dumb & dumber in his truck. This boy puts thought and effort into everything he does. Means a lot!
FUNNY STORY about the picture below...we were halfway through the movie when a cop came. I was convinced I was about to get in some trouble. NOPE. Mitch told the cop, "You're more than welcome to join us!" The cop responded..."Alright scoot over" (as he pretends to jump in).
Poor Chuckie Keeton :( There goes our season. Can't believe I managed to sit through the loss with this BYU fan. Sidenote: I threw up that peace sign...IT IS NOT ME ADMITTING AGGIES ARE NUMBER 2! 
Got home from my first day at work and to my surprise I was able to spend the night with these two. Love my family so much!!!

1 comment: